Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on training for a violent situation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on training for a violent situation?

Hello everyone,

What are your thoughts on training for a violent situation? Whether it be hand to hand combat/grappling training in anticipation of fighting off some beast or firearms training to defend your family from a perp, or training for some sort of an end of the world scenario.

On one hand, its good to want to protect you and yours especially as a man whom has a responsibility to his family to provide and protect them. But, on the other hand, it seems to be an admittance to living in fear of those scenarios and/or seeking them out.

Personally, i think learning how to wrestle/box and operate common firearms should be as fundamental as learning how to draw, color, sing, dance, or play an instrument. While God's will for your live/His personal design for you might not be that of being an artist or a musician, they are good fundamental skills to have at least been exposed to. I would argue the same for skills to handle a physical confrontation. While your calling in life might not be that of a warrior (physically speaking) or an athlete, you should possess the fundamentals necessary should you find yourself in one of those situations.

I agree. I have been working for over a year to get myself in better physical shape. I was 285 pounds when I started this and I am currently 200 pounds. I have completely eradicated my diabetes and other ailments associated with being obese. I've gotten myself some weights and I would like to get back into martial arts now that I am in better shape. The single most important weapon we have is our relationship with Yahweh. When we know who we are the beast races cannot help but tremble. In some ways I have allowed my mind to wander in recent times and Yahweh is dealing with me to get me back on the right path. Praise Him for that. Once I get myself spiritually healed I look forward to further fighting and weapons training.
    aka Staropramen

Comment

And PRAISE YAHWEH for situations and circumstances that on the surface really suck but have been allowed by God to happen to put us back on track!
      aka Staropramen

Comment

Working...
      X